I designed a printable enclosure for my DPS5015 power supply. The case is a tight fit but results in a nice compact unit with minimal footprint. An external DC power supply is needed, I plan to use my large Sorensen 150V linear power supply for this. As with most of my designs the first iteration […]Read more "DPS5015 Power Supply Enclosure"
In an attempt to improve the stiffness of the Tronxy P802M 3D printer along the x axis I printed a pair of corner supports I found on Thingiverse. As I half expected this did not increase the frame stiffness so I decided to take more aggressive measures. I found a section of 3/4″ aluminum U channel […]Read more "Tronxy P802M – Rigidity Modifications"
With my DaVinci 1.0 3D printer proving to be useless as a printer I was looking for a way to repurpose the machine. After creating a few electronics enclosures I needed a way to label the terminal connections and that got me thinking about converting the old printer to a laser engraver. A quick google […]Read more "DaVinci 1.0 – Conversion To Laser Etcher"
For Easter 2017 I designed and printed half a dozen Easter Eggs. These eggs were designed to be printed on my new 3D printer with a single extruder. I printed one full egg in six different color and then swapped the layers to create the multi colored eggs. The eggs were then glued together after final assembly using superglue and scrap lengths of filament.Read more "3D Printed Easter Egg 2017"
With my new Tronxy printer I was able to print the mounting hardware to upgrade the hotend on my DaVinci 1.0A to a E3D v6 hotend. Printing the Mounting Hardware I originally printed the mounting adapters by Thingiverse user oscahie, thing:707530. I found a few issues with this adapter during assembly and I modified it to better fit […]Read more "XYZprinting DaVinci 1.0A – Upgrade to E3D v6 Hotend"
Bend leveling on a 3D printer is an important thing and the adjustment should be as easy for the user as possible. The wing nuts that came with the Tronxy Prusa i3 P802MA are terrible; they are too small and difficult to use. To solve this problem and to start off my modifications for my Tronxy printer I turned a set of four brass thumb screws.Read more "Tronxy Prusa i3 P802MA – Thumb Screws"
My 3D printer broke down and since I needed a 3D printer to fix it I purchased a inexpensive DIY kit. These are a few of my first thoughts. Also a quick word about connecting to Simplify3d.Read more "Tronxy Prusa i3 P802MA – Build, Setup, and Initial Thoughts"