The Problem During short instances of nice weather in upstate New York I enjoy going for a bicycle ride on the local multi use trails. I have to pass pedestrians or slower bicycle traffic and find it to sometimes be a hassle to get their attention. During one of my rides I got to thinking […]Read more "Bicycle Announcer"
I designed a printable enclosure for my DPS5015 power supply. The case is a tight fit but results in a nice compact unit with minimal footprint. An external DC power supply is needed, I plan to use my large Sorensen 150V linear power supply for this. As with most of my designs the first iteration […]Read more "DPS5015 Power Supply Enclosure"
A recent dumpster dive netted me a Vision Engineering Mantis Microscope. The Mantis will be extremely useful for soldering SMD parts and general PCB assembly and repair. I was lucky that the objectives had been thrown out with the unit, a 4X and 8X objective. I am unable to find the model number of this Mantis but it is not a new microscope. The Mantis had not aged well, small cracks are appearing in the plastic housing and the mounting bracket is broken into unusable plastic scrap.Read more "Mantis Microscope Repair"
In an attempt to improve the stiffness of the Tronxy P802M 3D printer along the x axis I printed a pair of corner supports I found on Thingiverse. As I half expected this did not increase the frame stiffness so I decided to take more aggressive measures. I found a section of 3/4″ aluminum U channel […]Read more "Tronxy P802M – Rigidity Modifications"
With my DaVinci 1.0 3D printer proving to be useless as a printer I was looking for a way to repurpose the machine. After creating a few electronics enclosures I needed a way to label the terminal connections and that got me thinking about converting the old printer to a laser engraver. A quick google […]Read more "DaVinci 1.0 – Conversion To Laser Etcher"
For Easter 2017 I designed and printed half a dozen Easter Eggs. These eggs were designed to be printed on my new 3D printer with a single extruder. I printed one full egg in six different color and then swapped the layers to create the multi colored eggs. The eggs were then glued together after final assembly using superglue and scrap lengths of filament.Read more "3D Printed Easter Egg 2017"
With my new Tronxy printer I was able to print the mounting hardware to upgrade the hotend on my DaVinci 1.0A to a E3D v6 hotend. Printing the Mounting Hardware I originally printed the mounting adapters by Thingiverse user oscahie, thing:707530. I found a few issues with this adapter during assembly and I modified it to better fit […]Read more "XYZprinting DaVinci 1.0A – Upgrade to E3D v6 Hotend"